Thursday, February 21, 2013

Relationships

Recently God has been teaching me a lot about relationships and community and what it looks like to live and relate to 26 girls.

It is difficult. 

But i've learned that when the walls start coming down, true friendships are formed.
When we are at our weakest, He is our strongest.

Friends are supposed to be encouraging, loving, and ultimately, they should make us want to become more like Christ.

When they see me, do they see You?

But these friendships are rare and they take effort.
Sometimes they are messy because we are broken.
Sometimes it takes more then a human to put the pieces back together.
And some of us have been wounded so badly, we are scared to make those heart connections.
What do we do then? Where do we turn when our wall is up so high we can't seem to take it down?

I ask myself that question a lot. How do I remove this wall?
I don't actually have the answer because I don't believe I have gotten to that point yet.
But I do know that point comes with trust.
It comes with being vulnerable and opening your heart, just once, for something good.

Not everyone is going to hurt you

Maybe you need to let go of a friendship and you are praying for direction.
Maybe you need to trust God to provide friendship.
Or maybe you need to take that 10 ft wall down and let someone in.

"You're going to have to let truth scream louder into our souls then the lies that have infected us"

God speaks, even in our darkest moments.

Listen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment