Wednesday, March 13, 2013

21st birthday surprise!

Let me start by saying, I am not a morning person and this morning I snoozed for a little longer then I should have so I was in a hurry.
I got up and it was pitch black but in the corner by my dresser I saw a dark shadow and I thought I forgot to move my suitcase or Hilary set her back pack there. When I walked over I saw this...



I smiled and grabbed my shower stuff and opened my door.
21 balloons fell in my face and on the ground into my room, I laughed. Thanks Taylor :)


I was barricaded in my room by a few trash bags taped to the outside of my door. 
I carefully pulled the bags off my door and headed to the shower, little did I know, Chelsea was watching me the entire time.
This was taped to the door.

When I got back I turned on the light and started to look at everything by my dresser. 
I found 21 cans of diet coke (Amber knows me too well)

I also found 21 flowers from Lauren Benjamin :) 

Then I found instructions on each one of the gifts.
At 10:21, I opened Hilary's gift. 
21 bags of pretzel M&M's. My favorite candy!

At 11:21 I opened my gift from Sam.
21 My Little Pony stickers to use in my classroom, but only for the annoying boys ;)

At 3:21 I opened Cassie's gift.
21 socks! So yes, I have ten and a half pairs of socks...

AT 4:21 I opened Lauren Trainer's gift.
I love how she took out 3 pens out just to make it 21 ;)
She knows me too well, I really love colored pens.

At 6:21 I opened Chelsea's gift.
21 pictures! In chronological order from freshmen year until now :) 

At 7:21 I opened my last gift which was from Kristin. 
I do love popcorn. 

Thank you Lauren T, Chelsea, Lauren B, Sam, Taylor, Cassie, Amber, Kristin and Hilary. This was definitely one of the greatest gifts I have ever gotten and I am so grateful for each of you!

I have fun friends. They are very special and I love them.

Melanie 


2 comments:

  1. Surprise birthdays are never a back tone for anyone. Especially when it comes from dear ones. My last birthday at event halls for rent was wonderfully planned by my sister. It was such an affectionate gesture. Cake was tasty to the hell and drinks were of all types. Mediterranean snacks were yummy with pasta treats.

    ReplyDelete