Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Provision

"God will provide"

Oh how I hear those words and how I struggle to believe them in my heart.

Most of you know, I was recently accepted into Dallas Theological Seminary and many of you have been asking the story of how this came to be.
Well, last semester, I had this intense desire to go to seminary.
At first, I laughed at myself and thought "yeah, like that will happen, you are broke"
But the desire did not go away, it became more intense and I knew God was calling me to something that was very out of my comfort zone.
I googled "top 10 seminary schools". I know, it sounds hilarious but I had no idea what I was doing.
And there it was, Dallas Theological Seminary.
I clicked on the link and explored the website.
I fell in love with the school.
I knew God was telling me to apply.
I began my application in November and I avoided that thing like the plague.
The application essays were so intrusive.
The questions were very deep and intense and I found myself so drained after writing each one.
I closed out of the application several times and prayed. I knew I was supposed to apply but after answering the essays I didn't think I had a chance.
I finally submitted my application in December and they told me it would be 3 weeks until I heard anything.
You can bet I checked my email 10000000 times a day and prayed every time I thought about it.
People kept asking me what my plan b was.
Plan b? I didn't have a plan b. This was plan b. Plan a, b, c, d...etc.
I didn't apply to any other schools.
Finally, I received an email that told me I had been accepted into the Masters of Christian Education program at Dallas Theological Seminary.
I found out while I was in a meeting during my teacher inservice last Friday and I could barely contain myself.

So, there you have it, this fall I will be pursuing my Masters degree in Christian Education through Dallas Theological Seminary. With the completion of my master's degree (or during), I hope to become a Resident Director and then move my way up into a Dean's position.
Thankfully, the program is online for the first year or two so it's flexible wherever I get a job.
And no, I will not be moving to Dallas, contrary to popular belief :)

The Lord has surely taken me on quite the adventure this school year. From deciding I did not want to use my education degree traditionally, to applying and being accepted into seminary which pulled me completely out of my comfort zone and forced me to rely completely on Him.

I listened.

And I will continue to listen.
Even though I haven't the slightest idea how I will pay for seminary, I know this is exactly what The Lord has planned for my life.

He's provided this far.
And He will continue.

I cannot wait :)

Melanie




1 comment: