Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Attribute Challenge Day 6: Shadow of your wings, I take refuge

Psalm 57:1-3
"in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge
till the storms of destruction pass by.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
He will send from heaven and save me;
he will put to shame him who tramples on me"



This Psalm reminds me of a song I sang for solo and ensemble in junior high. I chose this song because I was familiar with it, however I did not realize the significance or meaning of the song. 
Here is a little of the lyrics that stand out to me now. 


On Eagles Wings


And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come. 



I'm grateful for times in my childhood when I can look back and see God, I had no idea why I chose this song, besides the fact that I was familiar with it from my traditional church.


God is my refuge, and He is my strength :)



No comments:

Post a Comment