Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Grasping truth

The moment when you are trying so hard to hear truth, but all you hear are the lies.

It goes a little something like this:

Lie: you are unloved
Truth: you are more loved then you can comprehend

Lie: he will hurt you
Truth: its not in His nature to hurt

Lie: you are unworthy
Truth: you have a purpose. I have given it to you.


Lie: he will leave
Truth: I will never leave or forsake you


You are getting the point. My head spins with these lies and when I am overwhelmed by them, it gets harder to hear truth. It gets harder to open my Bible and I end up breaking down when I just can't take it anymore.
Hearing truth is one thing, believing it in my heart is another thing.
The Lord is patient with me as I endure through this and I am forever thankful.

My good friend Chelsea gave me this verse and again, I feel thankful for the power of scripture.

"Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with Him,
we will also live with Him;
if we endure
we will also reign with Him.
If we disown Him,
He will also disown us;
if we are faithless,
He will remain faithful,
for He cannot disown Himself"

2 Timothy 2:11-13

Thank you Chelsea :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment