Sunday, March 25, 2012

For when I am weak, then I am strong

Coming back to Cedarville after a wonderful break with my family was bittersweet.
I was excited to see my friends and have life return to normal, but my heart was torn because I felt something missing.
My desire was to be back in Florida with my siblings, I desperately wanted to fast forward the clock, graduate, get a teaching job at a middle school near my family and start my life, close to them.

I was hurting because I know Cedarville is what God has planned for me but sometimes it's hard not to dream.

This past week, the weather has been beautiful. High of 80's and sunny. When I walked to class last week, I could not help but smile.

"And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God"
Romans 8:27

Thank you Lord for a little piece of Florida.

My younger brother Benjamin has been calling or texting me almost daily from my dads phone.
I love to hear his sweet little voice and listen to him tell me about his day. He's so intuitive, asking me questions about my day and really wanting to know me as his sister.
Being able to answer the questions he has about God, science, theology, college, grades, math, the Bible, and life really blesses me. I valued my time with him in Florida and I valued being able to share what I do know in order to teach him.
From dance parties, to doodle jump, to swimming, to throwing the football, to late night card games, to long discussions about life, my time in Florida was one I will not forget.
Ben really blesses me, in ways I cannot explain and even though I desire to be with him, and my other siblings, God has shown me my purpose is here...for now.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...For when I am weak, then I am strong" 
2 Corinthians 12:8&10

No comments:

Post a Comment