Thursday, May 17, 2012

Romans 1:12

"that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine"


I've been reading through the book of Romans and this verse really stood out to me. Paul's desire to be mutually encouraged by other believers is inspiring. I never realized how great of a blessing other believers are in my walk with Christ. 
The knowledge of those wiser then me, the zeal of a new believer, the vulnerability of a close friend, the questions of a seeker. 
We have all been the seeker, the zealous new believer, the vulnerable close friend and some of use are already pouring out wisdom to other believers. 


God designed us to be in relationship with each other. To pour into the new believer, to help the seeker find answers, to be the vulnerable friend and to seek wisdom.


Being at a school with other believers I forget the power a new believer has on my heart. I forget what it's like to be so on fire for Christ and to excitedly search the scriptures, truly wanting to know more. 


Paul says in Romans 12:11 "Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit" 


If you're anything like me, those words are a little confusing, so I looked a few of them up, I translated it like this, "Do not be lazy in enthusiasm, be passionate in spirit".


A friend told me recently, "Remember, in everything, we can find Christ" 


Where ever you are at, Christ will meet you there. 
He is all and He is in all. Colossians 3:11


Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment