Thursday, January 19, 2012

When you go outside, look up. He's there.

Today around lunch time, I received a text message from my sister saying this "i'm ok but got in worse accident of life due to someone else" Immediately my heart sank and I began asking a million questions. She told me a car suddenly swerved into the median in order to avoid traffic, my sister slammed on her breaks to avoid hitting this car. Realizing she was going to hit this car head on, she swerved thinking it would be better to go into the ditch then hit the car in front of her. Well, she did a 360 and was almost t-boned by this same car and ended up facing ongoing traffic on the other side of the highway. Thankfully, there were no cars coming and she came to a stop.
My sister could of been killed three times today but the Lord had his hand on her the whole entire time. Thankfully He's not finished with her yet.
My mind kept playing the "what if" game and it kept taking me to the question "what if my sister would of died?" Honestly, I can't answer that question. But I do know she has a purpose, one she hasn't yet fulfilled because God did not take her.
When I talked to her on the phone, she told me this..."i'm a little surprised i'm not more shaken up then I am but when I think about it, He's my father, He protected me and that's what fathers do"
That statement has never been more true.
He is our Father and He does protect us.
He protected my sister today and He will continue to protect her until He decides to take her.

I am thankful for more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment