Thursday, December 1, 2011

Giving blogging a try

I love to write and I enjoy words, I figured I would use this passion and start a blog :)

I am continually being challenged about where I am finding joy. Do I find joy in my circumstances? Or do I find joy in Christ alone? If everything "good" was removed, would I still have joy? I can honestly say, sometimes I doubt I could.
I beat myself up over this because I know I fail. I know I am happier when things are going "my way" and I know I get angry when things do not. But why? Do I not trust that He knows what He is doing? That He has a plan for me? Why is it so difficult to trust in Him?
I am reminded daily of how sinful I truly am and how much I desperately need the Lord's free gift of grace.
He forgives, so I can forgive.
He loved me first, now I can love.
He has given me blessings, I praise Him
He has given me trials, I trust in Him and still praise Him.

I am learning to praise Him through the storm.




1 comment:

  1. I love your heart, Mel. I'm so proud of who you've become. I learn from you!

    ReplyDelete